The Power of Coaching
This programme has been designed by the creators of the OTP and ITP to enhance the leadership of teaching and learning through promoting effective coaching. This programme is primarily designed to certify teachers who are accredited OLEVI facilitators to undertake the facilitation of the coaching element of the Outstanding Teacher Programme.
- provides opportunities for facilitators to engage in a range of activities and access theories behind effective coaching practices;
- exemplifies how to implement coaching in a range of professional contexts from the classroom to the training room;
- enables you to select your own coaching model to articulate to others;
- links coaching to outstanding practice.
Facilitating The Power of Coaching programme is one full day and one half day programme for
12-15 delegates packed with practical activities, tools and techniques that can be utilised back in your school. The programme is specifically designed to facilitate the OTP coaching elements as well as developing a long term coaching strategy, but can be used for other developmental purposes under a separate licence.
Delegates who attend the programme are required to meet the following criteria:
- have been successfully accredited on the Outstanding Facilitator Programme;
- have facilitated at least one Improving Teacher Programme and/or an Outstanding Teacher Programme;
- be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the theory behind coaching and the skills and processes involved;
- have experience in coaching both groups and individuals;
- be able to demonstrate a track record of success through coaching;
- have received endorsement from their Headteacher on their ability to coach .
Effective âbuy-inâ and facilitation of this programme develops a culture of promoting a desire to make a difference to student learning; a commitment to professional learning; a belief in the abilities of colleagues to move forward; and a commitment to developing emotional intelligence. The facilitator will be:
Able to facilitate the coaching element of the Outstanding Teacher Programme
Confident, Assertive, Resilient, Driven and Successful in the facilitation of coaching (CARDS Â©)
In partnership with