Outstanding Facilitation Programme
This programme is designed by experienced leaders and facilitators from OLEVI to enhance the leadership of teaching and learning in your schools and to prepare a school based team of accredited facilitators who can facilitate the OLEVI Teaching and Learning Syllabus. The OFP enables schools to:
- challenge expectations at the very core of teaching and learning and help build a coaching ethos to support change;
- improve the quality and consistency of your teaching and learning and ensure your staff fully understand what constitutes a good/outstanding lesson through outstanding facilitation;
- build learning partnerships between key team players, who will strategically support the leadership of teaching and learning;
- ensure your staff develop the key skills to facilitate, lead, focus and coach colleagues effectively.
The programme is a key part of the OLEVI portfolio of school-to-school support, which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in all schools. Among many benefits, this programme helps schools to work more effectively as a school team and improve their collaboration with other schools and organisations.
This programme helps you to:
- develop a positive ethos and expectation where the quality of teaching and learning is continually role-modelled at an outstanding level;
- improve the quality of teaching and learning through high level facilitation;
- gain the confidence through accreditation of facilitating the ITP and OTP;
- engage teams of aspirational practitioners who challenge teaching and learning;
- motivate and focus all on the importance of deepening teaching and learning.
The programme is aimed at schools with the aspiration and capacity to facilitate the Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP) and Improving Teacher Programme (ITP), both for their teachers and those in the local area. Interested Head teachers are requested to contact Nikki Meredith, Director of Teaching School to arrange a meeting.
Contact: 01384 816119
For schools that already have a working knowledge and understanding of the OLEVI Teaching and Learning Syllabus there is a three day OFP that covers ethos, context, expectations, facilitation skills, the OLEVI programmes, the non-negotiables, the facilitated activities, accreditation and quality assurance. For schools that are new to our programmes we would recommend a conceptualisation day to aid the smooth running of the programmes. Headteachers are asked to send a minimum of two delegates, preferably three, to build capacity for programme delivery. We would be happy to discuss individual requirements.
Outline of Programme
What is effective facilitation?
How facilitation is used in OTP and ITP
Introduction to the Theory Models
Day 2 and 3
Preparing for the facilitation of the OTP and ITP
Introduction to the key concepts of the programme
Understanding the role of the facilitation pairs
Introduction to OTP and ITP Accreditation of participants through facilitated sessions
Understanding of what needs to be in place to host the OTP and ITP
This programme is open to outstanding practitioners who are wholly supported by the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team who will be given the capacity to work within a team of other outstanding teachers to lead the facilitation of the programmes. Ideally one of the delegates would be the lead facilitator who would also take the role of the school project manager and liaison associate with OLEVI.
Feedback and formal evaluation of the programme is very positive with 95% of delegates becoming fully accredited. Over 750 facilitators have been trained nationally and internationally and continually facilitate the TLP, OTP and ITP. The rigour and challenge of this programme has been recognised by the DfE and National College as being key to the success of this sustainable form of professional development.
"Thank you very much for facilitating a fabulous programme that has enabled me to develop my role further as a facilitator. Inspiring â reminded me of my core purpose."
"My lessons will be more interactive. Students will be more engaged. Other colleagues will benefit from my renewed enthusiasm."
"The facilities were inspiring"