Inspiring Continuing Professional Development
Welcome to the Black Country Science Learning Partnership. We work with the National Science Learning Centre and the Central Regional Consortium, run by the University of Hertfordshire, to offer high quality science Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for teachers and technicians working with pupils aged 5 to 19.
The national network of Science Learning Centres and partnerships aim to support teachers and technicians in enhancing their professional skills by learning more about:
- contemporary scientific ideas
- experimenting with effective teaching approaches
- modern scientific techniques
- inspiring pupils by providing them with a more exciting, intellectually stimulating and relevant science education, enabling them to gain the knowledge and the understanding they need - both as the citizens and as the scientists of the future
You can find out more about the network of Science Learning Partnerships on the National Science Learning Network website.
- Formative assessment in Secondary Science: Flyer | Book Online
- Working as a Science Technician: an introduction to the role: Flyer | Book Online
- Teaching the Challenging Concepts in KS2 Science: Flyer | Book Online
- Raising attainment in Triple Science: Flyer | Book Online
- Physics in the New curriculum (three sessions): Flyer
- Paul Clague - SLP Lead
- Kelly Ilkiw - Co-ordinator
- Gerry Alsop - Co-ordinator
- Email blackcountrySLP@earls.dudley.sch.uk
What our delegates have said:
"Delivery of the course was excellent"
"A useful and informative course"
"Learnt a lot about working scientifically in the primary classroom and how to make things practical and easier to record"
"Course was flexible enough o include our individual aims"
"Really useful day"